Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

From Tracy, Tisa and Glenna


Tracy says:
I'm in tears at this time, life has become overwhelming. 
I miss my Nanny Pocket's strength. She held my soul in her hands through the darkest moments of my life. She had the oddest things to say and as I think back to every word - she made total sense. 

I remember taking her to see our one pound Phoenix and she was so strong.
She looked into my eyes and told me not to be afraid to love her. Your love and prayers will keep her safe. 
If you could see my fire storm girl now, Granny you would put her on a long time out. 

My big girl says a prayer before every gymnastic's meet. (Nanny Pockets please keep me on the beam!! ) She asked us if Nanny is proud she is a national gymnast. I told her even if you were a fly fisherman she would be proud. 

I sit with my Quaid and he misses her craziness and how she fixed his ducky all the time. 

Dezlan misses her pizza buns and her traveling desserts. He is all about food. 

The twins well they will hear the stories of her. 

Cheers to the best  Nanny Pockets ever
Tisa says:

It's hard to find the words to describe my favorite memories of my times with Grandma over the past 43 years I was blessed to be touched and inspired by her love. In childhood I always cherished each moment whether it be enjoying her home cooked meals, cookies, playing in the shop or just trying to beat Grampa at Kaiser. There are so many.....
As a parent, Grandma was there as well. How can I ever forget the day Adam was born and how Grandma came to stay with Gary and I to help us get through the nights and days we didn't think Adam would make. So many days helping us learn to care for our first baby who for the first year of his life struggled to learn to thrive. Grandma was there... 
And there were the many years Grandma spent painting and helping Gary and I fix up our first homes...
I remember how fond Gary became of Grandma as he learned to cut as she painted by his side. I remember me being fired from painting and in charge of food instead. And then and always then there were the times spent trying to beat Grampa in Kaiser.....
I remember our last New Years we were able to spend with Grandma in Leask and telling Andrew how blessed he was on that day to share this moment at the age of 14 with his great grandmother....
I am blessed to have been inspired by the gift of time with my grandmother for 43 wonderful years. I am blessed and will always hold my Frandma's memories forever in my heart.
Glenna says:
I was trying to find photos of Grandma and I together over the years and realized I didn't have very many as I was always behind the camera but it was fun finding some snap shots of others in the family that I had taken. 
I have been blessed to have loved and been loved by Grandma for 40 years!
When we were kids and moving every few years from base to base I sort of adopted Marcelin as my " home base" and spent several summers with Grandma and Grandpa. These summers were my best childhood memories. Learning to crochet feet for chairs, make pies, picking peas from the garden, playing cards, tending to the cemetery, listening to the ladies in the shop while grandma was doing hair, having a pop at Dave Howe's cafe, quiet time watching the young and the restless and adventures in town keeping up with Grandma! 
I am so thankful for her teachings and patience with me as a young teenage girl from the big city trying to find her way in the small town! 
I am thankful that she was able to see me marry Dan, to meet and watch my kids grow and to celebrate me becoming a nurse. 
I know that she is watching over all of us from heaven and proud of the branches that have formed from the roots of the tree that her and Grandpa created. 
I know that I am honored to be her granddaughter! 












No comments:

Post a Comment