Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Christine


Favorite memories of mom,  from her baby girl

Why I am so lucky that mom did the things she did... like:

Organize the photo albums of the wonderful life she and dad had with each other, with all of us kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. These pictures keep a visual memory present and close to my heart.

When I see I.D.  on her kitchenware it reminds me what a great volunteer she was. This brings a smile to my face on a daily basis is how she marked her initials on everything.  She did this because she was forever hauling every pot, pan, serving spoon or tupperware to the Community Hall. I have a few of these things at my house so whenever I am in the kitchen she is present with me.

She loved a party and to be the center of attention when it was her moment, but for most other events she was the humble servant behind the scene making sure everything ran smoothing.  This reminds me to be humble.

I am preparing to be a Grandma.  I am so nervous and wish I could ask mom, “how did you know what I needed and when it was time to let us do it on our own?" I will be going to be with Sarah and Andrew hopefully for when our first bundle of joy arrives, I pray mom’s wisdom comes to me and makes me the grandma she was.  
Mom was such a wonderful Grandma. By living close to Marcelin, Lionel & I and especially our kids benefited from her wisdom- their wisdom.  When people say to me  “you have really great kids”, I say “Thank you, my parents help us raise them”.

God Bless our ROSE in Heaven, for she was one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment